Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Operation Write Home card challenge

I've recently started making cards for Operation Write Home (OWH), an organization that takes greeting cards from cardmakers and sends them to troops stationed all around the world. The troops can, then, send beautiful cards home to their loved ones. I was born into an Army family and married into the Navy, so this organization is very dear to me. I wish they were around when my dad, brother, or husband wanted to send a note home!

Anyway, this past weekend they had a Virtual Card Making Party, and I decided to join in the fun! The first challenge was to make a fall or winter card using 1-inch squares. Here are my two entries:

I definitely like the one on the right better--it has more dimension and visual appeal.  Both were made with Club Scrap's Apothecary collection with the copper paper and ribbons from Ornamental. This is the first time I've ever combined the kits, and it won't be the last! I love challenges--they really get my creative juices flowing! Thanks, OWH!

2 comments :

  1. Great to see you on the blog again. these are great and I thank you for the link to the tutorial. I'm going to have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Diana. The tutorial was so helpful, and it gives me a new way to use Spellbinders dies.

    ReplyDelete